Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra Credit Reflection.

This year of Honors English has been nothing what I expected. When I signed up for it, it was mainly because I love to write and most of my friends were doing it. It also helps that you are with kids that aren't at school because they have to be, but rather because they want to be. You never know whats going to go down in Mrs. Gilman's classroom. We go from standing in front of the classroom reciting a poem that nobody wants to read and quite honestly I don't think anyone wanted to hear either, to having a pie party. And then there is everything in between; Miles obnoxiously eating his pasta salad, Jack and Tom adding a comment to everything, Evora and Luke fighting, and Michael Lance begging to check annotations. Besides the very entertaining people in this class, we do end up doing some things that don't end up being half bad. The class meetings and group work do tend to make the class more enjoyable, and even out all the horrid essay writing and DGP. I'd say that even after all the hard work, this class is definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment